City of Dalton

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm

You head to the coastal town of Daltin that night traveling only 4 hours by air traveling the 100 miles, you drop in at sea about 10 miles out about 2 hours before morning and coast in on the morning tide and light breeze and dock. On the way there you play the lute melody you hear over and over for several hours and felt at peace and fully rested, you find out that that misha and the others all feel awake and calm, Misha said she had a most wonderous spell prayer moment.

+20 REC per hour of playing require a full 2 hour playing make people feel as if they had a full night rest.

Of the 11 former slave only 4 remain, three enter to become clerics, 4 others left after finishing cleaning your ship, considering their debt to you was done. one of them have set up shop as a wood carver, he left behind on your bed a wrap package when you open it was a statue of you about 12 inches tall of you with and staff raise, he put a small fragment of a crystal in the end of the staff, the face of the statue look just like you. he open a shop called the carved wood.

The four that remain of the former slaves are the(1) young male wizard he about 17 years old, named Toby, he has use his money to purchase a chest and supplies for his spells, he said he can cast air spells and fire spell, he lost his master to the slavers and the local wizard will not accept him because of his age and training under another.
(2) a woman Helen is a cook, you have tasted her fried bread and it very good she about 31 years old
(3) a young sailor he was capture off a merchant ship and he does not want to leave this ship, he feel that the ship talk to him in his sleep (kisha said she does hum a song when she happy and the young man seem to know her mood but not know about her being a true living spirit, even though he hear you mention it a few time. 14 or less sailing, 11- nav sailor profession 14 -
(4) is a rogue she about 19 she was near death when you heal her. you not been sure but you feel that she has been following you everywhere you go but never saw her.

you need to find a crew in Daltin. The habormaster said there is 2 tavern that have sailors for hire, there is a third tavern but is full of pirate and smuggler types. The dusty throat The sea legs and the crows eyes (pirate tavern)

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 pm

If the four that remain which to stay on I will hire them. I ask the four that remain, David, James, and Misha all to the side and talk to them.

I will look at the four that you mention in your last post

"If you four wish to remain with us as part of my crew, you are more then welcome. If you don't wish to remain then you are welcome to leave also. I don't know what your pay will be but I will make it worth your while."

I will look at everyone.

"I think we should go to the "Dusty Throat" and the "Sea Legs" and see what type of people are there that we might be able to hire. I think we should talk to them first and then all of us come back here and talk it over. Any one have any other ideas?"

Looking at James

"Should we see if we might be able to sell some of our potions? Or should we wait untill we are farther away from the temple?"

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Helen remain behind she not been able to leave the ship due to the truma of being kidnap and made a slave. John was able to get a goat for her to cook she is cooking it on the new ship oven/stove and from the smell that coming from the spit the meal going to be very good this evening.

The dusty throat has 14 people inside,

3 rough scuvy looking sailors that sitting at one table nursing a drink each the talk in hust tones and looking at the city watchmen and the gaintess
A old bearded man wearing a ship captain hat with his head in his hands and a half filled beered
2 city watchmen glaring at the 3 sailors and the gaintess.
the bartender male.
2 women in short shirts serving beer, one is about middle 30 the other barely 18.
a cloaked person in the corner with a drink in from of them.
2 halfling play a game of checkers both look fairly old and salty
a gaint of a woman sitting 2 benches eating a meal she about 8 ft tall. wearing leather armor and with a large sword next to her.
at another table is a old woman with a peg leg feeding an parret She turn and look at you with one eye the other eye has a gem in it.

one tavern at a time.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I will take a seat at one of the empty tables that has enough room for me and my companions, that also has a couple extra seats. I will then wait for one of the bar maids to come to our table. When she comes I will order something not too strong and what ever my companions want also

"Good morning my lady. How are you on such a fine day? I will have whatever you carry that is not too strong and bring my friends here whatever that want also. I and my lady companion here are healers from the Temple of Deltesta. Could you also let it be known that I am looking to hire several crew members for my ship. I will also be around for around for a couple days and would be willing to provide anyone with medical care or a medical check-up for a small donation."

To Misha I say

"Misha do you have a way of telling if our propective crewman our safe to hire. I sure dont want anyone that is evil."

To James and David

"Could one of you also keep and eye out for anyone that might need cargo shipped to city where we are picking up the wine?"

My plan is to sit here awhile and see who approaches us. Not really hiring anyone yet because I want to also visit the other inn. After visiting both then we will look at all of the canidates and hire the best match.



EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 pm

You enjoy a luke warm mug of ale, the 3 sailor come over and interduce themselves to you but after a few minutes of talking to them you felt they would not be trusted, The old man chuckle when you told them that you think about them after you talk to a few more. After they leave the 2 watchmen follow them out the room.

"Sorry to overhear," he said, "you looking to for a few good sailors, I know of only 2 good sailors in this habor that would work for two Cleric of light. But let me say I find it curious that 2 ladies of light and " taking a sip of ale, " and a Lady of dark would come to the same tavern."

The cloak person shifted uncomfortable, David hand goes to his weapon hilt.

The old man grin, "There a young lad whom is sleeping at the Old Ship Inn, He sail on several ships seem he was too honest for the last ship he was on, because he save the captain life she let him off here in Daltin. The other Man just lost his wife and child during child birth, he buried them both a month ago, he sit out beyond the habor on the rocks staring out at sea he a very able seaman, and if he don't go back to work he will die from a broken heart." he turn to the cloaked figure " Is that why you waiting here?"

The figure turn it back to you and him.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

"Thank you my friend for the information. I was hoping to find about four able bodied crewmen. Would you possible now of any more?"

What do I sense from this man? Does Misha know if he is evil or not? Do I or her think that he might be a good crewman?

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

"I am Captain Lar retired, I own this tavern" Captain get up slowly and walking with a slight limp and a few crakling of age in the knees. " giving you a slight bow, He wave over the young girl and told her to go get them the good ale.

He sit down across from you, and drops a bag of coins on the table, "I wish to ask you a favor young healer, That girl is my granddaughter, her mom, my daughter and her husband was killed in the war that going on in this country between the King and his brother. They were hauling ale back here when they was kill for the ale they carried. Their son is helping me with the tavern and he took over hauling the ale to here. I would like my granddaughter to move on to become something more that a barmaid, This is 300 gold enough to pay three years of apprenticeship, I don't care if she become a scholar, a priestess, healer or whatever, as long as she not a barmaid or a whore. I made sure she can read and write in 2 langauges, Common and High tongue. bring her back here after 3 years and I will build a building that fits her job, be it a temple to a shop."
If you do that I can find you 1 more to help, I know a man that live up river about 2 miles on his barge, The barge is an old rotten thing that been sand bar for last 3 years. He use to be a city captain of the guard then travel the sea for 15 years, he an half-elf they said he one of the best riggers you ever find, he the only survivor of a merchant vessel that sank during a hurricane. he not went to sea sense but he good.
Misha cast a spell that made the Captain glow white and the gaintess white but the cloak person in the corner not glow anything, the bartender was a mix of black and white with red meaning he more neutral than good. no one but you and misha saw this. you also believe the cloak form saw it too.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

"You make a very tempting proposition. I would like to talk to your daughter first and see if she would be a good fit with our crew. I would hate for you to waste your money and I not be able to help her. I am sure that your daugher is a very capable person but not every one has the ability to be a healer or scholar. If after talking to her and we ..."

looking at misha

"... feel like she would work out and she agrees to the apprenticeship, then we have a deal."

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

The young woman come out of the basement and pour each of you a drink from a metal pitcher, She about 17, long blond hair, you can see a glow from her of good and just looking at her she seem very healthy. she about 5'0. 100lbs and moves with grace and have an innocents to her. you see ink on her right hand, on the thumb and index finger of someone that writes.

young woman ask if you and the other need anything else


The cloak form get up and drop several coins on the table and start to walk pass your table on the way out.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

"Excuse me young lady. Is there something that you would like to say. You have been listening to private conversations but so far have not even introduced your self."

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

The cloak woman stop still facing away from you , "I have nothing to say to you, But I thank you on telling me where I can find the weeping widow so I can complete my task." She whisper in a voice that raise your goosebumps.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Her expression changes very suddenly to being very worried.

"I don't know if you heard that our not ..."

looking at Misha and David.


"... but I think that young lady, if you can consider her a lady, is after that poor mans soul. I'm talking about the man you told us about who lost his wife and child. If I have anything to say about it, I will not let that happen. We need to get to him before she does."

To Kisha the ship

{"Kisha, I don't know if you can help or not but we have a situation here. There is a man who is sitting out on the rocks out past the harbor, who I think is in trouble. There is a lady here who I think is going to take his soul. He just recently lost his wife and child we need to get to him before she does. Is there any way you can help?"}

Looking the captain

"Captain I do want to talk to your daughter but I need to take care of this first. Can you please forgive me?"

Looking at the rest of my team.

"We need to get to him before she does."

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Kisha " I will move out to him but I may surprise some of the local people to get near him. I could get his attention at that point and delay what happen until you get there.

The Captain said," do what you must we wait."

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 pm

"Don't move yet Kisha but be prepared to move if I call."

"Captain can you come with us. I would like to talk to this man but he may not talk us since he hasn't met us before?"

Looking at the rest.

"I think she is going to collect his soul after he kills himself. I don't think she is going to do anything to help him in killing himself but I think she knows that his time is close. We need to get to him as quick as possible. Captain we are going to go on ahead but if you would come as quick as possible that would be great. Lets go"

My plan is to get to him as quick as possible and start to talk to him. If he doesn't want anything to do with us then I hope that once the Captain arrives an vouches for us, he might start talking.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 pm

You race down across the wharf passing your ship to see a hundred feet away on the breakwater stones sitting a man staring out at sea, a few feet a head of you is the black cloaked woman waking slowly. You sense something in the water in the harbor, you see a large ripple like a snake under the surface moving toward the man.

Kisha "Celina, I sense a Sea serpent in the water, It was not there before."

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm

"Everyone we have a sea serpent that just appeared and is somewhere in the water. We must not let it get to him."

I will reserve action for just in case we get into combat and continue running towards the sailor.

Robert
I have come up with several possible powers that I might try. Right now I am limiting them to things she can come up medically. For example

10PD 10ED Armor hardened, usable on others, ranged, cost endurance (Hardened that targets skin)

4d6 Drain vs Dex Ranged, only usable on others, (effect the body like anesthesia does when you go into surgery)
Remains to be seen if I can effect a sea serpent with it

8d6 Flash vs normal sight, AP (This attack closes the iris of the eye so that you can not see and it is only vs 1 person or creature)

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm

You pass the cloaked figure and move among the rocks toward the man. You see the Serpent rise up out of the water over a third of it body there are lot of spines along it's body the head is large enough to shallow a human whole. you yell a warning to the man the serpent hesitated.

you get to go first

phase 12.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm

"I am sorry young creature but I cannot allow you to harm this man. Even though he does not realize it yet, he still has alot to offer this world."

I will then try to reach just inside the creature eyes with my senses and close off the pupils of his eyes. The actual effect of the attack will be a 8d6 AP Flash vs sight group

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm

The man leap to his feet as you flash the serpent and lift a metal tube with a sharp point and touch a fire stick to the hole in the back and a loud explosion go off white and black smoke block out all sight, you hear a thrump sound from the serpent then thrashing and a loud splash should from the other side of the man. a breeze raise up and pushes the smoke upward, you see the sea serpent with a harpoon through it gapping mouth and through the brain, the serpent is thrashing around, Looking to where the man is you do not see him, you see bubbles steam raising from the water from a ring of wave as if something big was through 15 feet into the water beyond the water break.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

I may pay for this later but I will run to the edge of the bank where the water meets the land and dive in after him.

Celena thinks that the man didn't realize what the back blast of the rocket would do and it knocked him into the water. So she is going to try and save him.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

You find him a few feet below water hanging limpy, you can hear the thrashing from the other side of the break water and then a loud thud. You drag him onto the rock and do mouth to mouth you see the Cloak woman walking toward you.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

I will give her a very serious look.

"Don't you dare! I can save this mans life. It is not his time yet. He has too much to offer this world yet."

I will then proceed to do CPR on him.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

The woman said "It is not him I seek, he would have made a nice set to give to my Goddess." She walk over to the sea serpent and hold out her hand, you can see a spirit of a woman reaching up and touching her hand, a beautiful woman is standing next the the cloak filled she holding a newborn baby both are dead you only seeing the spirit. "I came for his wife and daughter spirits The goddess wish me to gather them." you watch as the spirits flow downward into the rock below. she walks pass you as the man gasp for air. She said "My goddess wants spirits that no one else will claim."

The Man coughs up water and said hoarsly "did I kill him?" then pass you.
The rest of the men caught up to you, Misha just stare at the womn walk away.

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EpicAdmin on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

"What do you mean you came for their spirits? What does their spirits have to do with this sea serpent?"

EpicAdmin
Admin

Posts : 174
Join date : 2010-05-17

View user profile http://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  EAMGamemaster on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:57 pm

She pull back her hood reveling a shaven head with skin so thin you can see through to the bones she look like a walking skeleton but you know she still living, she said in a chilling whispery voice "The bodies of his wife and unborn child was shallow by the serpent over 300 miles from here and it taunt him, The creature left and was heading this way and he follow, My goddess felt these two souls to be very important to her since they not belong to any gods so she is claiming them. If you wish to make a complaint to her Just visit any of her shrines. It would have been nice to have the whole set but the Goddess felt they were more vaulable if he lived. Beside he now can bury them once he cut them out of the serpent." she pull the hood back on and start to walking away, "I was told the serpent was sent to kill you Lady Celena, That all I know."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Posts : 2765
Join date : 2010-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: City of Dalton

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum