Epic Age of Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2 Empty The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2

Post  EpicAdmin Sat May 22, 2010 9:03 pm

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 07:20:15 PM » Quote Modify Remove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think you would do very well. When you are ready and have been given the proper permission please let me know. We all have lots to learn even me. I didn't realize that there were rules for when you wanted to change ... Hey. What are these?"

I will reach down and pick up the broken marble and look at it.

"Have you ever seen anything like this before?"

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 02:54:44 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The broken marble outer shell is smooth as glass as if high temperture turn it to glass the inside is hollow the one you looking at has a small peice of sticky substance that when touch gave you a dread and an alien twingle in the back of your neck.

Drak said, "yes the children been playing with them they brought them with them when we started this village, I thought someone might sold them to their families. I know some dwarves are trying to make stone shots for those thundersticks. instead of using metal."

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 09:33:32 PM » Quote Modify Remove

"I don't know what these are but I really think we need to stop anyone from playing with them. I think they are the source of this sickness that is killing people in this village. When I picked it up I got a sudden sense of dread that is almost overwelming and alien. We need to investage this further."

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 06:07:46 PM » Quote

Drak end up paying 10 silver to the children for all the round rocks and partials and told them he will pay for any more they found. By the time you got the body back to your camp, the two men there look at drak with surpricions. both men David and John have set up a table and hang blankets around the table from lines in the tree to keep prying eyes away, David lay out your tool in a shallow pan filled with acholoh. and John had started a kettle to boil water to for any towel and tools you use. Mista keep an eye out while you and Drak examine the body.

there are 3 exit wounds at the base of the skull, cutting into the body you find the the three wounds twine around the spine and stop just short of the heart.

Drak said " It's always been said that the soul comes from the heart and the head."

Digging around the neck you find a small bulge, opening it you find an egg that look like it half open, pulling it out the egg open and something like a small snake falls on the table dead, it dissappear for a second then reappear, each time 1 second pass. you realize this creature can become invisible. taking some water to clean it a little the creature began to disintgrate, you was able to save the head and upper part of the body, you realize that water is like acid to it. looking closer you find four small eggs not fully develope in the body of the snake like creature, appartly it bite the victem and lays the eggs and die, the eggs mature feeding on the faith and spirit of the creature it in until it ready to leave the body then they feed upon the sol destroying it long enough for the snake like creature to strike at another creature each time making more.

the ability to become invisible is it ability to cross into the planes of the the dead for a second. If these creatures are allow to continue to grow and spread one of them will cross over into the realm of the dead and destroy every soul and creatures there. It only a matter of time it could be weeks or years.

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 06:44:31 PM » Quote Modify Remove

"I think we need to go see Selga. I also think we need to get every healer, cleric, and anyone else that can heal together. Now that we know what is causing the sickness, we need to come up with a plan to eradicate this creatures. We could possible make an incision right along the length of these creature and flush them with water but I don't want to take any chances that we might do more harm then good and kill the patient. We need to make sure everyone says within the confines of the river. I think the river is keeping this from becoming an epidemic of major proportions. We need to get everyone together and come up with a plan of attack."

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 11:16:08 PM » Quote

You pause for a minute everything start to get blurry and then everything black out. You awaken staring at the multi hue sky with strange color clouds shooting across the sky from horizon to horizon. a strange face appear looking down at you the face look like David only the body looks like glass you can see every muscle and blood vessels. you looking at him as if you are looking thur an catscan there s a shiny white glow with a touch of darkness around his heart. you see that he have a broken rib that heal wrong and that it only a few millimeter away from punchering his lungs. if someone hit him there he would be dead within minutes. You reach up to touch the spot only to have your hand pass through the glass skin and touch the rib. you are surprise, you realize you could easy pull the rib back into place with no problem, grabbing the rib you pull the rib bone begin to glow you was able to pull it back into place and watch it heal. David fell backward on to the ground hold his chest where the rib was. looking surprise. you leap to your feet to help and stumble you look back and see your body laying on the ground with Drak laying a wet towel on your forehead. John leap to his feet to help David and step through you. You look shock and realize none of them can see you yet you can see everything in them and you cansee their spirits.
you move closer to your body and see that your breathing checking yourself over you see you have an lump on your left breast, experimenting you can feel the lump and was able to drag it out of you body and it feel into the inside of your clothes, checking your neck you find 4 eggs 3 of which are alive but the 4th one is dead looking closer you see that somehow your body attack it and destroy it, checking the other you see they to are being attack by your body, you can easy move them with your hand you have one of the eggs in your hand and can easily squeeze it and kill it. for some reason you know that injuries or foriegn things in the body can be touch by you. looking back at David you see him standing feeling his chest looking puzzle but ok. do you kill the egg?

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 05:30:19 PM » Quote Modify Remove

I will look at David and try to touch his mind.

"David. Its Celena. Can you hear me?"

After talking to you earlier you said it works. I will continue.

"From your surprised reaction I take it you can hear me. Good. I don't know what is going on but I think I am having some sort of 'Out of Body Experience". I was the one that healed your improperly mended rib, it could have killed you if not corrected. I don't know how long I will be able to do this but at the moment I can pull the creatures and their eggs out of the infected people. It is very draining and I will try to heal as many as I can before I'm pulled back. I need you to set up a barrel of water centrally located close to the infected people. After I pull them out I will need to use the water to kill them just in case I cant kill them myself. If I cant successfully break open the eggs then I will place them in water and you will somehow have to break them open and kill them yourself. I also need you to tell Selga what is going on. After I heal myself I will go help Misha."

My plan is to pull the creatures out and then put my hand in water and then try to kill them. If I can't successfully kill them by hand then hopefully the water will finish the job. I plan on doing this for both the mother and eggs on all of the infected.

EpicAdmin
Admin

https://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2 Empty Astra plane-1

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 pm

After talking to David you thought about Misha you find yourself instantly at her side in one of the building with 20 other patients, you look around wondering where David is and you again find yourself next to him as he carry a bucket of water from the stream, You touch him on his shoulder and tell him to go to Misha. Then you are again next to Misha as you scan Misha body you find that she healthy, and have 4 eggs at the base of her skull, These eggs are a little bigger than your. David step in and set the bucket next to Misha bed by her head and look around.
One by one you are able to move the eggs out of her body and drop the eggs into the water. Each one pop and sizzle when it hit the water killing the eggs. each egg that was destroy had a glow light shoot from it and hover in middle of the air few minute later 3 more light flow into the room and merge with the light. The light then form a vague outline of the man that die earlier, he bow to you and leap away into the sky. You realize the soul eaten by the creature was release after you destroy the eggs.
After clearing several more patients you become very tire, you sit down at the edge of a bed then you see 2 balls of light hitting you giving you 2 end. One of the light is coming from David whom appear to be kneeling over Misha in pray. You realize that it may take a while to regain back your energy while in the astral plane. It take energy to talk to anyone in the prime World. After a while you walk around the area, You count up 30 marble still have a creature inside them you figure you can take care of them after you return.
You here a lovely woman voice singing to the north of the village where the spring split around the island, you move carefully up to the woman looking over the bushes you see a strange creature, about 1 foot tall pure white with blue eyes and long bushy white and gold hair, the woman have a bushy tail about a foot and a half long the woman loon like a small human but her eyes are bigger than normal human eyes and her nose is like a squirrel.
She look very ill and is sitting next the spring around her are several squirrels and rodents, and several fish swimming in the water near her all listening to her singing. She stop and look at you.

“I been waiting for you since you arrive on this island” she smile weakly.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2 Empty Re: The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2

Post  ArmyNCO Mon May 31, 2010 7:11 pm

"Hello. My name is Celena, but I have a feeling somehow that you already know that. How can I help you?" I will take a look with this temporary new sight of mine and hopefully I can figure out what is wrong with her.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2 Empty The dying goddess

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 pm

"I am dying, Celena, my children are lost upon this world too far for their faith can cure me. I am Ose the goddess of Harmony and music, my children are a peaceful people and naive, I raise them to sing and bring peace to other souls to calm those that are agressive and give strenght to those that are productive. My world was invaded by these creatures that eat the souls and kills gods. They came into our world over a year ago millions died within a few months, then they became big enough and strong enough to cross into our realms and one by one the gods were kill. I gather a few thousand of my children and open a portal to your world during the crossing the soulswarm broke through, I battle them for as long as I could until the last of my children was through then I follow. It was then That a few of the creatures was able to follow and I was force to break the portal, my children are somewhere on this world and I ended up here I killed 403 of these creatures there are only 80 left I sense you have kill 23 of them so you have only to destroy 58 more. Do not let one survive or your world will be like ours empty of people and gods." She shifted " I ask one favor before I die and I know you do not have the ability to kill me alive. Sing to me a song please!"

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2 Empty Re: The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2

Post  ArmyNCO Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Tears come to her eyes

"I am so sorry Ose. I don't know what I will be able to do but I will do everything in my power to destroy the Soalswarm before they destroy this world. If you can tell me where your people might be, I will do my best to tell them about what you did for them. You will always be remembered in my heart and soul. Your memory will not die as long as your people and I live. I am sure stories of you will live on for generations to come. It has been a pleasure meeting you."

I will sing the happiest song that I know and put as much feeling in it as I can.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

The Village of Charity - The Slow Death #2 Empty songs of the astral whales

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:24 pm

As you sing you see every note you sing flow from you at first with silver then a golden hue. Then from a distance you hear then see notes of platium flow to you and over you and the goddess Ose then out of the Astral plane lifting out of the ground Huge hump back whales each as big as and oceanliner The song blending with yours as you sing you lost count and thousands of these Astral Whales pass over you and under you until they faded from view and them hearing,

Ose sign, "I thought they were dead, I not seen one for 100,000 years It is a good sign that Astral Whales sang with you. Thank you for the song my dear, I Goddess Ose give you all I have, protect my children as your own for they will know you."
She began to shimmer and then sprarkle and turn into a ball of light the pure white light hover in front of you then enter into you chest and heart.

You wake up still in the astral plane, Full of End you feel that you are over flow with power and need to burn up some of it before you get burn from it, (you have temp End reserve of 100 END)

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Wiping away the rest of my tears, I will get up on my feet.

“I will protect your children to the best of my ability Ose. May you be happy in the afterlife. “

Thinking to myself.

“Fascinating! This world definitely has its moments. I’ve talked to two goddesses, seen Astral Whales, and am running around in some other plane of existence. I don’t know what Ose did to me but I sure feel like I could run the Boston Marathon. Let’s see what I can do about these Soulswarm.”

“Soulswarm here I come. You will not harm another creature if I have anything to say about it.”

I will go after any Soulswarm that I can find and destroy them before they can do any more harm.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:23 am

After what feels like and eternity you heal all but one and sat for a moment to get your breath you feel again 1 end point of power coming from david again every hour it seem to come at you from him, you get a stronger boost of end when he praying over you. you reach down and takes the last of the soul swarm as you crush it you feel the wave of power coming from Deltesta flow over you and looking around you see see the spirit form of the living kneeling in pray to the goddess, The priestess including Misha seem to seen a beam of light away and a few moment laters brighter lights return asborbing into each of them.

Then all goes white, as you hear the echo of the astral whales fade away.

You awake to find a wet fold cloth on your forehead and David sitting next to you on the floor with his head on his arms asleep. He look very tired for a young man of 20.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:12 pm

I will take the wash cloth off of my head and attempt to sit up

"Is everyone better now? How long have I been out?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:18 pm

David push you back on the bed, "You been sleeping for 5 days. I heard you several times in my head, only time I know you was ok when you had me move a bucket of water near each patient head, after and hour I would hear a splash then again every hour for 4 total hours, then you ask me to move the bucket again. (GM note: what took minutes took hours in real world.)"
You try to get up 2 more times and David push you back on the bed. "Sorry my lady but Misha said you are not to get out of bed until you get some food into you and some water. And If you keep trying to get up I will tie you to that bed. It time you feed your self than have me spoon feed you for last 4 days." Daring you with his eyes. "Misha and the others have heal all the patient back to full health about a few hours ago when they got their spell backs. while you was busy I been working on learning how to be a protector. fighting without killing"

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:43 am

"I am a little hungry. Thanks for taking care of me while I was out David. It really means a lot to me."

After getting something to eat I will say this.

"David could you ask Misha, Selga and the rest of our little party to come by when they have the time. I have lots of questions. A lot has happened while I was out and I don't know what to make of it. You all grew up in this world and might be able to clear up a lot of it."

Selga Misha
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 pm

You finish eatting in the village community building, you see other people that were patients eatting too and happy being well. misha and the others all get a cup of tea and sit down at your table waiting for you to talk.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:00 pm

"Thank you all for coming. I don't know what David has already told you but a lot of things that I really don't understand has happened while I was unconcious. I hope that by telling you that you might be able to answer most of the question that I have. To start out Drak and I performed an autopsy on one of the dead in hopes of finding answers on what was killing your people. We found out that it was a snake like creature that had burrowed into our necks that was killing us. While inside of us they would lay eggs that would eventually hatch and burrow out to find another host. We also found out that they are very vunerable to water. Its like an acid to them. It reminds me of a movie that I was saw called 'Alien Nation'. In this movie this alien race could be burned by having salt water placed on their skin, but I degress ... I was coming to find you Selga and Misha when I passed out. After returning to conciousness I found my self looking down upon my body. During this 'Out of body' experience I found that I could look at someone and immediately know about any thing that was wrong with them."

Looking at David.

"This is how I knew that you had a rib bone that was not properly healed. If you had been hit there it could have forced your rib into your lung and killed you. I was also able to pass my hand through your body and pull the rib back into place and heal it."

Looking back at everyone else. "I also found that I had breast canser that would have eventually killed me. I was able to reach my hand inside of me and pulled the growth out of me. As soon as I let go it became solid and fell to the ground. This was how I was able to pull the snake like creature and its 4 eggs out of me and then kill them by squeezing them with my hand. I also found that I was able to communicate with David and give him instruction on what needed to be done. I was able to pull them out and drop them in water. That was the popping and hissing that I think you heard. After each was killed I think the spirits of the people that they killed were release. I even saw one bow to me after he was released. This process was very tiring and I found myself running out of energy very quickly. After a while I heard someone singing on the north side of the village. When I went over there I found a woman about 1 foot tall with a bushy tail, big eys and a squirrel like nose. She told me that she was 'Ose' the Goddess of Harmony and Music. She also told me that the creature that were killing us are called 'Soulswarm' and that they eat souls and kill gods. They were killing her world so she gather about a thousand of her children and opened a portal into our would in hopes to escape. The Soulswarm were able to follow her through before she could close the portal. She was able to kill over 400 hundred of them before they hurt her to the point of death. I was not able to help her. Her last request was that I sing her a song before she died. As I was singing to her I noticed what looked like hump back whales from my world, by the thousands singing along with me while passing over and under me. Ose told me that they were Astral Whales and that she had not seen them in over 100,000 years and that it was a good sign that they were singing with me. She then thank me for the song and told me, 'I Goddess Ose give you all I have, protect my children as your own for they will know you'. She then becomes a ball of light that passed through me. After passing out and then waking up I found myself full of energy. I was then able to go after the remaining Soulswarm. Before killing the last one I took a break and noticed you David leaning over me like you were praying. While you were leaning over me I noticed balls of energy coming from you into me, which were giving me extra energy. After killing the last one I felt a wave of energy flow over me and through everyone of you. That was when I woke up back in my own body with a towel over my forehead."

"My question to all of you is what happen and what does this all mean. Was Deltesta using me as a vessel? I'm confused. Please shed some light on all this."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:25 pm

You get the "BLINK BLINK" look from all of them, Misha said I not know anyone that cross into the Astral planes other than wizards and The gods servants. You need to talk to Deltesta maybe she uderstand what going on.

While you was talking a old woman walk up to you and hugs you and thank you in an language you not understand but you understand her body language, she hand you and roll up cloth. When you unwrap it you find a 6 in long shaft with carving and runes that look a lot like the staff head you have.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Looking at everyone with a surprise look on my face.

"Does anyone know what she just said to me?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 pm

"Yes", David said, "She speaking an island tongue from the Soluma Isles, She said she saw a great spirit that look like you, and that great spirit heal her, She said her seer told her to come here to wait for a sign and give this carve rod to whom the vision show you and tell the person the next piece is held by an old Hag in the Swamps of Death. Then she thank you and ask the Goddess of the seas watch over you." The bow several times.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Looking at David.

"Was she one of the ones infected by the 'SoulSwarm' and do you know anything about this 'Old Hag' and the 'Swamp of Death'?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 pm

David said "she one of patients, their is a story about an old hag that live in the swamp of the dead, they said that she over a thousand years old and it was her that created the swamp. The swamp is about 30 days travel by road, 2 weeks by boat. They said that anyone that enters never leaves and those that drink from it water dies a horrible death.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:10 pm

"I think we need to go there. Ever since I got this staff head I felt a calling to complete the rest of it and now that I've gotten another piece I feel even more compelled to finish it."

Questions

How long will it take me to get back on my feet?

Has Misha and Selga already left to do other things and if so does that just leave David here with me?

I need to talk to David alone.

Will I be able to pray to Deltesta from here?

How long would it take my Air Ship to get to the Swamp of Death?
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:22 pm

1) Will take a day or two to fully recover.
2) Misha and Selga leave after an half hour both to look after other recovering patients that need a week or more to fully recover.
4) you can pray to Deltesta anytime
3) David is not out of your sight, he taking his Guardian duties seriously since he was told that cleric can have protectors.
Guardian use Shield and club or staff. A guardian learn hand to hand combat and cannot kill another, only to disable or knock out opponents, they can kill beast and undead or humanoid creatures that are pure evil with the cleric consent. Guardian that can prove they can do this will be granted special powers by the gods to protect them and the people they guard,
Guardian circle (Force wall shield), hand of truth (nnd stun) light of day (1d6 NND Body UNDEAD only), aura of the Gods, (bonus vs evil) Fist of Faith (added Normal damage to Hand to hand combat.
A guardian has one more power, the power to transfer his faith(END) to the Cleric he or she guarding.
Take about 1 week by airship the swamp is far to the south in the Empire of Roe an empire ruled by a Medusa that is much loved and respected by her people. David tell you that she was an mortal lover to a God, one of the Goddess became jealous and turn several gods again him and his lover, They fought a battle in a place far from here called the Blood lands, 2 gods died that day their blood flood upon that land keeping it forever in turmoil. The goddess turn the mortal woman into a medusa, she kill a quarter of her army before she was cover up by her generals. They fled to the land they are now over 1000 years ago, Her enemys are turn to stone, her people are rule by an immortal that has an kningdom almost as big as Kingdom of the King.
They only worship two gods the dead god and her. The swamp is at the southern end of her kindom an thorn in her empire. The Hag is believe to be the daughter of the Goddess that made her into a medusa.

Note: I changing the staff power you created for the staff of healing it don't seem right. I let you know when I done working on it. also hear Fanasty Hero 6th ed is out.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:14 pm

What is wrong with the staff?

I will lay back down and rest my eyes.

"Goddess Deltesta ... If your up there, I sure would like to ask you some questions. This is all new to me and I sure would like to know what exactly happened to me while I was laying there unconcious."

I will think this to myself not really expecting an answer.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:36 pm

You feel a strong pressence,Come to my Avatar in the Temple was the strong thought within your head then the strong pressence was gone.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EpicAdmin Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:25 pm

I will talk to David.

"David. Could you find out what Misha's plans are. I have just been summoned to Deltesta's Avatar at the 'Lady of Light Temple'. I figure it will be a couple of days before I'm ready to travel. I need to know if she plans on coming with me or if she plans on staying here. When your done I have something else I need to talk to you about."

EpicAdmin
Admin

https://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Few minutes later he comes back and said Misha going to come with you but need a few days to help The Sisters here clean up the place. Word is spreading that the place is a holy place of healing and there are more people coming here to be heal from gout to broken bones.

What you want to talk about?

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:11 pm

"I can't begin to thank you enough for all that you have done for me. You've helped me with the slavers on the ship, you've protected me here and at in the city, you've set me straight, more times then I can count, on the ways of this world, and you've even kept me alive and fed me energy while I was unconcious. I will never even be able to begin to repay you for all you've done. Thanks aren't enough. I also wanted you to know that I trust you will all my heart. While unconcious I noticed something besides your broken rib. I noticed something dark around your heart. I don't know what that darkness is and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Back in my other world I studied to become a psycologist. That training helps me talk to and assist people with issues that they might have. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you want to talk about anything that might be on your mind or on your heart."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next