Epic Age of Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Temple of Deltesta

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Return to Temple of Deltesta Empty Return to Temple of Deltesta

Post  EAMGamemaster Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Took a full day to get things done at the village and over a day trip back to Temple, Misha get called away at the gate entrance to some where in the temple, David and James busy themself with loading the wagon onto the Ship into Her hold and then stable the mules with a stable nearby until they can build stalls within the hold much to the ship horror.
You been left waiting in side room to to the library, The library is fairly large, fill with shelves after shelves of scrolls and books.

A young man about your age come up and ask if you need anything to read while you wait. He wave back to the library, he not wearing priest clothing but white robes with a blue talbart, He look startled for a minute as you look at him. "Sorry, rude of me , I am William the Head librarian, of the Order of Knowledge. You can access any book that is of your order, or of healing. As for other books you must either donate a thousand books to be copy or donated to have full access or one book for access to another book." It the same at all libraries. There are less than a hundred libraries each have copies of all the others except for the our Order. The Great Library of Kal'la it hold all the known books in the world and some that too dangerous for the world to read. Silly me here I am rambling on like a little kid. It sometimes take a while before the Goddess is ready to talk to someone. They have to awaken her avatar." William said.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Return to Temple of Deltesta Empty Re: Return to Temple of Deltesta

Post  ArmyNCO Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:48 pm

"Nice to meet you William. My name is Celena Brown. I'm new to the order and have never talked to the Avatar before. Is there anything that I should know when I go before her? I'm a little nervous if you can't already tell."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 am

The avatar is the Goddess in everyway, while she in Avatar form she is cut off from seeing what is going on. Being in this form only make the Goddess weaker and keep her from seeing what the other gods are doing. There are rules she cannot step beyond the lake this island is apart of her domain and she have full power here. She cannot aid a moral beyond her temples by doing so she allow her enemy the same to use at anytime they wish.
The gods all follow the laws and rule set down and swear upon the The mother of all life. Breaking those rule cuts them off from their servants and children for many many centuries.

Gods have their own agenda that may or may not be good for you or their followers so be carefull, I have read many texts about heros abandon by the gods because something else became more important.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:38 pm

"Thanks for the information. While I'm waiting do you have any books on herbs of this world. I would like to learn more about what herbs are available here."

I will look at herb books while I'm waiting for my summons.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Several hours pass and you not notice the time passing because of the book on herb written by a young druid you found very fasicating and enjoyable she explain several herbs and what each one can do, with some funny stories on how she collected them and perserve them. You realize that the woman writing on the stories let a lasting understand on where to look because it was enjoyable. You just finish the book and ask one of the libriarian if she wrote more and was told that the write has over 50 books written and still writes from her druid grove far to the south. About then and Cleric taps you softly on the shoulder and ask to follow her. You follow her to the center of the great temple taking about 30 minutes and you was told to walk into the light in the center, As you step into the light you find your self standing about a mile above the city looking upon a very beautiful Giant sitting upon a lounge chair, she shines with a white glow of pure light,

She waves to a comforture in front of her, "Please Celina, Sit, eat and drink with me,"

in front of you are grapes,cherries, banana, tomato, oranges and apples and salads greens. "The tomatoes and elitable greens I believe was brought from you, I found the tomato chill to have a most heavenly favor."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 pm

I will curtsy.

"Thank you my lady. It is an honor to be summoned so."

I will then take a seat and grab a few of the grapes and place a few in my mouth.

"The tomatos are great on so many things. They are better served cold though."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:42 am

She ask you small talk about your world, while eatting then listen to you about the goddess you encounter upon the astral plane, after an hour you realize she has gotten all the information out of you about the astra plane.

She sit up and lean toward you, " You are a small group of people in this world that are a child of a god or goddess, Your father or mother is mortal the other is not, you can like thousands of other children just fade away never know or avoid becoming a heroine never knowing that the more mortals look up to you or pray for your advice or help the longer you live. As long as you are remember the longer you live as an immortal, It is your choice the path is before you, There is one thing I must warn you unlike mortals if you die you do not come back to this world unless it a temple or shrine, you will be stuck on the astral plane trying to survive, The longer and more followers you have, give you options. You are a Demi Goddess and you should keep it to yourself or to a few followers beware of the other gods that may try to take your powers and your life. I will quietly look for you to find out which god or goddess is your family.
David already one of your followers his faith is giving you god energy that is use for spells or granting spells.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:03 pm

"So what you are telling me is that I am half goddess and half human? How could this be. Where I'm from there is only one god and he doesnt go around making women preganant. I alway knew that I was adopted but I never even dreamed of this"

"I though clerics were suppose to pray to their god for spells. How do I get my spells pray to myself?"

"What I did earlier in the Astral Plane was my own doing and I didn't get any help from you?"

ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:43 am

I do believe your god from your world have gotten women preganant, and yes you created your own spells that made sense to you. I only help directed you into learning to do those spells. Yes I knew you was a Demi god I was informed that you would be coming back here to our world by a Seer, She told me where and when it took me several thousand years to figure out the prophecy, Two children of gods one dark, one white shall come, one to destroy the world, one to heal the world, one to harm the faith, one to heal the faith, one that shall kill the other, one that will scrifice all to save all, one shall fall and one shall rise.

That is only part of the prophecy that predict your future and your death, Long ago you and this other man was born on this world, There is a chain evil unname god trap in an prison beneath the earth, Gaurded by a Cleric of light, a Wizard, a druid, A warrior, A thief, a necromacer, a ranger, each guard the area where the unnamed god is buried. when one fall or dies another is sent to guard. He, I believe is the father of the dark one. If the unname one is released we are doom. I still trying to find out your father or mother

Yes, thousand of years ago I knew you would be coming, gates from other worlds can cross both time and space that is why gates are not used often because it not predictable. your adopted father and mother are members of an old order that serve only the earth mother, They are druids, there are 100 members of this order when one dies or become lost another take their places, over several thousand years ago the three great races went to war that was destroying the world and the unname god arrive and was found to behind this, The Goddess was force to make the earth flare out and she destroy three great empires, The gaints, the dwarves, and the dragons, it elves that stay out of it but most of their empire was harm too, it was the humans that surive and broke the chains of slavery from the first three races. The goddess herself bound herself to the humans and pick one hundred of them to become druid to her just a few hundred year before this happen, Because of her pain, sorrow from destroying so many of her children half of the druids became MAD they became the Dark druids they believe that the earth must return to what it was before all civilized races came to this world. A quarter of the druid became neatrual not wanting to interfere nor help any side, The the white druids were the only thing that stood in the dark druid way. because there is a rift in the druids there is a rift in the goddess, for the goddess to become heal there need to be more neatral druid that white and black druid. It was the White druids that took you to another world but unknowing to them the Dark Druid took the Dark one child to the same world, the wizards that help both side some how open a gate to the same world and both of you live there until you was both retrieve. guess I putting a lot on you at the moment.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:52 pm

"WOW! I don't even know what to say at this point. If I undersand you correctly, you are saying that the guy I know as the 'Fixer' is the child of dark. It sounds also like he is destin to kill me. That doesn't make me feel very good. I always knew that I was adopted but now you are telling me that they are from this world also. All this leads to more questions. Who is my real father and mother? If I'm to die then how am I to heal the world? I dont think the fixer is going to be interested in healing it. It just blows my mind to think that people will come to worship me. That just doesnt sound normal."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Your death is not set in stone, but yes you will have to die one day to take on your mantle of godhood, There are three type of childern of the gods, Gods born, childern born between gods they can not walk this world but are bound upon the astral planes, they must have their parent interduce them to the world and hopefully followers, very few get that chance most have to serve their mother or father to stay alive, if your energy on the astral plane hits zero you go to sleep and slowly fade away into nothing. The 2nd is Gods and mortals the create demi gods I already explain about them earlier, The third are heros that could become Demi god, They can achieve it by being a son or daughter even grandchildren of a demigod very few of these even reach demi god because they don't know what they are or want to.
I am not a true healing goddess I am a godess of light and truth, Someone must have chech with a seer and found out you would like helping and heal people so you was sent to a world to train you in healing. If you in the future take on the role of a healing godess I can focus on fighting darkness and evil. There is one goddess you must talk to when you decide you want to go the route of godhood you must talk to my twin sister the goddess of Death, yes she is my oppisite but she not evil she the one that decide the fate of all dead, If you wish your followers souls to come to you, you will have to talk to her. Those souls that are unclaim are hers to do with as she wish.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:15 pm

"If I'm to keep this to myself and a select few, how am I to gather followers? You say that my abilities are dependent on the number of followers that I have. If I don't have followers how will i gain my abilities?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:14 am

"You gain them by doing, you win them to you is the best way. it's best to have true followers than many only follow you light hearted. Your deeds and actions will inspire them Those that pledge themselve will know what you are. You can only grant spells and miracle in the astral planes, On this plane you are bound by laws that you will learn when the times are right. You have already started with the healing in the village, many of the my own healers are looking at you as powerful healer, some will figure out what you are.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 pm

"Thank you for all the information. I am sure that I will be processing this for some time to come. Before Ose the Goddess of Harmony and Music died she asked me to find her children and to protect them. She said that they would know me when they see me. Do you know how I should go about finding them? I am sure that they know something has happened to her. I would like to tell them what happened and what she sacrificed for them."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Some of us felt an gate open far to the south there is a series of Islands far to the south that circle the great hole within the earth where the ocean fars into earth and create the huge great vaper clouds over the great hole. The islands are mismatch of races that crashed there over the years the sea current are so strong that ships can not turn away that get within 20 miles of the great hole each islands are rule by their own leader. some good some bad because of the current none can cross to the other islands. That is where we felt the gate open. the Great hole is over a 1000 miles out at sea. I feel that is where you will find them.

Notes: The great hole is about 1 mile in diameter that ring by several hundreds Islands of various sizes the ocean water that flow into the great hole is very fast currents that no ship can move on. The water that flows into the hole creates a vaper stream into the sky creating a great cloud bank over the great hole.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:08 pm

"Again thanks for all the information. Would it be all right if I call on you every once in awhile, if I have any questions?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:11 pm

"yes you have only to pray at any shrine or temple."

EXPERIENCE pt: 4
npc exp pt: 2

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:23 pm

I will stand up and bow.

"Thank you for the hospitality."

I will pick up a whole tomato if there is one and toss it to her.

"You will find that those make a great tomato soup and make a great drink call Tomato Juice."

I will send her a picture of both.

Unless you have something else robert that is all I need to talk to her about.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 am

She send you back into the temple, Where David meet with you "Milady you wish to sleep here at the temple or on the ship. James have parked the wagon near the ship with the mules. I believe you would enjoy the bath in the room at the temple. A servant of a wizard Halin the grey from the town was by and say he has duplicated most of the equipment you ask for.

And the librarian sent and assistant to your quarters, seem they found a location base upon the distription of the dream you saw it is in your dream the location is the an Tree of unlife a tree of life that was curupted by evil druids it made the land around it to become a dead forest and marsh lands the plain is in the Great marsh of Death to the south it is a salt marsh of about 300 miles across and about 200 miles wide with one side mountains and the other is sea. It is said the Tree of Undead in in it center.

David said "you need to relax alittle before you decide to travel anywhere, Unless it life or death you can take a few day of light work before moving on to what ever calls you. If you wish after your bath I can give you a back rub my mother said I doo have good hands."

"Oh Sir Ivan White was by and tried to get into your quarters to see you, he was very insistant upon seeing you milady, I regretably had to insist that he make an appointment, unfortunely he slip and fell a few time and had to be carried out to see the healer by his aids, I am sorry that the flowers he brought for you was damage in his slipping. Seem he thought that you was an important Woman since the Goddess ask to see you." You notice a hint of a smile on Davis face and a twinkle in his eyes.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Questions:

1. You say the area with the dead trees is 200X300 miles across and to the south, but how far to the south is it?

2. Will there be a place that we can dock the ship or will she have to stay in the air?

3. How far to the south is the great hole?

4. I understand that a ship in water can get no closer the 20 miles without being sucked into the hole, but how close can my ship of air get before being sucked in if she stays in the air?

"How long was I in there David? I think I will retire to my rooms here and I think I might have to soak for a week to get all of this gunk and grime off of me. We might even stay a week to rest up. I'm sure all of us need some rest before we go out again. If you can find Misha and James I would like to talk to the three of you tomorrow. I have some things I need to discuss with everyone."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:09 pm

1. You say the area with the dead trees is 200X300 miles across and to the south, but how far to the south is it?
It is about 450 miles to the south on the south border of another kingdom.

2. Will there be a place that we can dock the ship or will she have to stay in the air?
Marsh land have lots of water to float on not sure if there a dock until you go there.

3. How far to the south is the great hole?

over 1000 miles due south of the temple

4. I understand that a ship in water can get no closer the 20 miles without being sucked into the hole, but how close can my ship of air get before being sucked in if she stays in the air?
only water, not the air If the gnomes knew there could be trade there they would send airship to trade and transport people back and forth, The Airship Guild might pay a large reward if a location is mark and find a safe location for trade. maybe 2000 to 5000 gp if you do will on setting up a deal.

"How long was I in there David? I think I will retire to my rooms here and I think I might have to soak for a week to get all of this gunk and grime off of me. We might even stay a week to rest up. I'm sure all of us need some rest before we go out again. If you can find Misha and James I would like to talk to the three of you tomorrow. I have some things I need to discuss with everyone."

David said "You only been in there for 15 minute (actual time 4 hours) I saw you got up then about you was there about 15 minute then you came down."

You go to your room and find your robes lay out on your bed, the bathing pool and soaking pool in in next room the bathing pool has a small water fall like a shower the water is room temp. while the soaking pool is warmer there are a female servant that is there to bring you drinks and help wash you, (nothing sexual) Her name is Sasha and is 14 year old, her family was killed or missing from a slave raid on her village she the only survivor. She has not decided what she want to do so the temple has put her into sevant position until her education is done in 1 year.

David get the others to meet with you tomorrow, (if nothing you want to happen before morning you will find David outside your door waiting, At first you thought he stood there all night but he inform you that the temple guards protect the temple and that he had a very long soaking, a steak dinner ,a large ale and a long refreshing sleep in bed,
"I think we need to discuss my role with you, what type of protection you want, should I 100% not kill, what weapons you feel I should use or learn, type of armor you want me in (light armor that can be hidden or heavy armor for appearance and intimidation.) blunt weapon or edge, crossbows or not, I know some Guardians from different god and goddess have rules, This goddess has a no kill rule unless the creature is Evil or undead." David said.

David is wearing a white padded armor with a white tunic that has a golden sun on it with 7 rays, and have that slaver club that cause pain but no damage hanging at his side. and sandles and wrists guards of golden color.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

"I have not thought very little on that but I guess I should. I would prefer that we not kill, except for evil of course. Swords seem to do to much damage to suit me but I know very little about weapons so I am open to advice about what should or shouldnt be used. I could care less about what type of armor you use. I think that would depend on your preference. I have heard some prefer lighter because that can mover around easier but heavier provides more protection."

"What time today did you set up the meeting for?"

More questions

1. Is the village that we just came from also to the south? Would it be to far out of the way if we stopped by there on the way to the Tree of Death?

2. How many miles in one day can my ship travel by air?

3. How much crystals will I need to travel to and back from the Great Hole?

4. How many days of food can I carry?

5. Do I need to hire any more crew for my ship?

I think that is all for now.

ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:24 pm

What time today did you set up the meeting for?

" For mid morning at the ship where there are less ears listening." david said

1. Is the village that we just came from also to the south? Would it be to far out of the way if we stopped by there on the way to the Tree of Death?
[/b] to the south east about 10 miles

2. How many miles in one day can my ship travel by air?

(ship can travel spd 3 x 32 hex ( meter) = 960 meter a minute x 60 minute = 57,600 meter an hour (57600/1000 = 57.8 km per hour combat movement, x4 no combat movement =231.2 km or 143.6 miles per hour ( this is max when both air elemetal and sail are deployed, movement at this speed can cause personnel to be blown off or knock overboard, the ship safe speed is 35.9 miles per hour with air elemental and 60 miles per hour with sails. each 10 mile per hour over 60 is a -1 to helm . 80 mph = 8 or less chance of damage to sails per hour, 100 mph 11 or less, 120 mph = 14 or less, 143 mph = 16 or less chance of damage to sails. per hour

3. How much crystals will I need to travel to and back from the Great Hole?
require about 30 silver of crystal a day to feed the air elementals about 109 gold a year in crystals
There is crystal hills about 100 miles to the soutwest that has crystals in caverns, in the dirt, even in the creeks and streams that run out of it, 1 person digging there for 1 day could find 1d3 gold worth of crystals, 1 person panning the streams could find 1d3+2 gold worth of crystals, 1 person per day in a crystal cave could find about 3d6 gold worth of crystals a day, finding a crystal cave not own by miners is hard, would require a skill in mining and 3d6 days of searching with a -4 skill check of finding a cave then there is a 1d6 luck of finding crystals more than panning water. (luck roll 6 = found crystals, 1= no crystal, 2 to 5 = enough crystals to = panning water )

4. How many days of food can I carry?

1 ton of food will feed 10 people for 3 month on average eatting, on rationing 6 month on 1/2 ration one year. cargo hold can carry 20 tons. (note each ton on board will slow ship by 1 mile per hour) so fully loaded the ship can travel at 15 mph combat, 40 mph non combat.

5. Do I need to hire any more crew for my ship?

you need a navigator, and at least 4 sailors min.(each sailor over 4, added +1 to helm and to low chance of damage to sailes) 8 sailor max. you will need a helmsman unless you wanting to learn to steer the ship yourself the ship can teach you to pilot the ship. The ship can pilot itself too when you need her to.

Note each 50 gp of crystal is about 1 ton[b]

I think that is all for now.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 pm

"Looks like we have a few hours before we meet the rest of our team. Should we go see what the wizards have for us?"

I will then go see the wizards to see how that did on duplicating my items.

More Questions

1. How many crystals do I currently have in the hold of my ship

2. Now that you have told me how much food is required how much will it cost?

3. Is there plenty of crystals for sale here in the city?

4. What was Davids reaction to my answer on killing, weapons, and armor?
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:55 pm

You meet the wizard at his small tower in town, you realize that the room in the tower seem bigger than what is shown outside. he has pile up on the table about 50 rubber glove about 2 x thicker that the gloves you have, he was able to make parts for the stenscope and a gnome was able to put them together about 10 of them, the gnome woul dnot charge. The Wizard feel that the gnome may make more to sell to ruffans he already ask the wizard to make more and willing to pay for it.
The bandaid he was able to create from the spell he said it took a sap from a tree and paper and cotton to use as materials and was able to make 1000 of them for 1 gp the bandaid cover a 2inch area on the body.
he also made 10 needle siringe cost 1 gp

Total cost is 1 gp for 50 gloves,1000 bandaids for 1 gp, 10 needle siringe for 1 gp and 10 stenscope for 10 gp = 13 gp total

More Questions

1. How many crystals do I currently have in the hold of my ship? 63 days worth you have a little over 1 ton

2. Now that you have told me how much food is required how much will it cost? 1 trail ration = 1lb/day
10 min people on board Celena, david,misha, John, navigator, helmsman, 4 sailor = 10 lb 1 ton = 200 days
15 max with +4 more sailor and +1 extra person = 15 lb/day 1ton = 133 days ( i redid this base on Ad&D cost of ration and weight)

High quality ration = 10 silver 1 ton = 20,000 silver or 200 gp
normal ration = 5sp 1 ton = 10,000 silver or 100 gp
low quality = 1 sp 1 ton = 2,000 silver or 20 gp

3. Is there plenty of crystals for sale here in the city? you could find about 1 ton of crystal in town take about a week to gather that much, for a cost of 60 gp a ton, (value start going up after a few days of trying to buy crystrals)

4. What was Davids reaction to my answer on killing, weapons, and armor?

David said" blunt weapon cause more interal damage, slash weapon create large wounds but easier to heal while piercing weapon can cause interal wound it harder to heal unless you have healing or potion or cut an X over the wound. I would like to know what you want me to do if someone is trying to kill you or your patient or both? you want me to kill them, maime them or try to knock them out? killing someone is easier than trying to knock them out.
or I can use this weapon but after a few second after using it they can recovery and be a problem again.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next