Epic Age of Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Temple of Deltesta

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Return to Temple of Deltesta - Page 2 Empty Re: Return to Temple of Deltesta

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:45 pm

"I am of the mind that you should use just enough force to stop someone. If someone is trying to kill you and you feel that you can stop them without killing then do that. However if you feel like the only way to keep yourself or me from dying is to kill them then do that. As much as I hate killing I would hate it even more if you or anyone that I'm protecting would die. What I'm trying to say is that if you can do what needs to be done without killing then I would prefer that. Does that make sense are am I being wishy washy? Shall we start heading towards the ship?"

Comments

Earlier you said that it would cost 109 gold per year to feed the elemental and that 50 gold of crystal is about 1 ton but last post you said I have about 63 days worth which is about a ton. Something doesnt compute.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:04 pm

a little over a ton is 63gp worth -50gp worth = 13 a little over lol

David follow you to the ship.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:24 pm

I will gather everyone together.

"I hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday, as everyone knows, I had a conversation with the Goddess Deltesta. I was hoping that she would be able to answer some questions that I had about what happened to me while we were helping the village with its medical problems. Not only did she answer my questions, she reveled a few more things that I wasn't even aware of as a possibility. I ask that you keep this to yourselves and tell know one. If this was to get out to soon then it could mean more danger to all of us. After you hear what I have to tell you may want to go your seperate ways. I would not hold it against you or blame you one bit. I'm still not sure that I believe it myself, but I have to my faith in Deltesta and that whe would not be wrong. Well I guess there is no other way to do this but to just tell you right out. Deltesta told me that I am daughter of a God and a Mortal. She told me that I am what is called a Demi Goddess. She told me that my abilities would come to me as more followers come to me. As my abilities grow, other Gods and Goddesses might want to take my abilities for themselves. This is why all of you could be in more danger the longer you are around me. That is why I would not blame you if you wanted to leave right this moment. So what do you all have to say?"

I will wait and see what their reaction is and what they have to say.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Misha looks a little surprise,"The Goddess wanted me to be with you for some reason at the beginning, I know now why because she knew I could learn to heal people from you that her, Demi goddesss or not I still consider you my friend and that will not change."

(James or john) look shocked then settle down, "I go where Misha goes, so do I bow or prosrate myself before you?" with an raise eyebrow.

David look serious "prosrate yourself be best I think That way we can kiss her feet too"
James, "Really? I thought kissing a woman feet is just trying to look up her robe?
David "nah, that boot licking"
James" Oh, so what about Bowing?
David, "That make it easier for her to do head slapping"
James" OOOh I not had a head slap in months!"
Misha start to laugh

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Looking at everyone

"Seriously, I was afraid that after telling you this that you would leave me. I want you three to know that it means so much to me that you are sticking by me. Even knowing what danger you all may have put yourselves in. I will always consider you my greatest friends. If you two even consider bowing or prostating yourselves I will spank your bottoms. On second thought you two might like it to much."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Over the next few days you and the other three have become more closer, since you took them into your trust they have open themselves to you to a point you can almost read their thoughts, A few times you have pick up David prayers of protection to you. Every hour you can feel a slight energy boost as you recieve energy from david and a little from the other two. David has not left your side except for when you are in your room or on the ship. When you went into town acros the lake both you and David was overwhelm by a mob of people wanting to touch you. During this encounter you begin to glow and you felt a overwhelming surge of power in you then you black out. You awaken in the Goddess chamber with the Avatar standing over you, and David laying you on a bed. Then you black out again. only to awaken again in your bed chamber with Misha sitting in a chair next to the bed you can sense her worry.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:40 pm

"What just happened to me? Last I remember I was surrounded by a lot of people, in the presence of the avatar again, and then waking up here."

She has a very confused and worried look on her face.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Misha said" your ok now, David got you back to the temple then they order you up to the goddess, They try to take you away from David but he refuse to let you down, so the goddess order him up with you. From what David said the goddess pull a lot of energy out of you and he said she did something to him. From what I can learn you had a Overdose of Faith that when the wave of it hit you your brain reacted by releasing the power as best as it could when that was not enough it shut your brain down so you woul dnot be harm. Some how you heal over a hundred people, cure them of disease, and made some see againor hear again.

David look a little more different you notice he has a little grey in his hair, that he seem a little more stronger and more mature.
he walk over to you, The goddess bound me to you so that I can wean off the access Faith, and ground it. He point to a shield and a mace. I can store that access into that shield and mace and release it through them. by grounding the mace into the ground I can send it into the earth.

Deltesta said that until you are ready to handle the power I will be your shield, She said when you have learn to handle it only then can you release it from me. Yes it is Dangerous and yes I could die and No I would not ask the Goddess to release me. I gave her a pledge to protect your life in the both life and in my death with that pedge I am bound to you.

She said when you ready to access that power you have only have to pray to her to get access, she will tell you how, She determine that you have to learn your skill on your own.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:21 pm

"Thank you all. You are the truest friends that I have ever had. No matter what has happened you have stuck by me. What a minute, does that mean that everyone knows what and who I am now? If so that means that you all are even in more danger then before. All of you are definetly better off without me around. How will I be able to walk the streets now? I have so much that needs to be done."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 pm

David start chuckling, first time you hear him laugh," The Goddess have already solve that problem by saying she have instill into you great power of healing, and creating a new healing Priestess that sole powers are only to heal. So as far as the people know you have to ability to heal and cure with a touch, a messenger of the Goddess. Only danger we have will be if your head become too big with thoughts of Godhood." Grinning at you. You learning new skills and learn you are something different, I am learning something new I never had to protect I always attack, I never felt what you feel the powers of The Goddess, I must learn at an older age how to be a guardian with palidin powers, so now I have to decide a guardian guards a cleric but a palidin serve a God. So which am I?"

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:09 pm

"I read a book once about mythical creatures. One of them was a cross between and eale and a lion. A Griffon I think it was called. They were made by wizards. Maybe we could talk to the Wizards Guild and see if they can make you what I call a hybrid. A cross between a Guardian and a Paladin."

I will wink at Misha.

"What do you think Misha? We could dress him from the waist up as a Paladin and from the waist down as a Guardian."

ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 pm

Looking Shock david Said "You can read a book, I surprise with all the sleeping you do!" grinning "beside I killed a young adult griffon once killing cattle. and beside I hate having to shave my legs like most palidins around here do" he pause a few moment after seeing the look on you and misha face "Joke on the leg shaving"

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 pm

"You shave your legs and I will find me a new Guardian / Palidin."

"All joking aside how am I going to get around town without everyone mobbing us. I want to help everyone that I can but there are lots of other things that we need to do. We need to hire a crew for the ship. I would like to talk to the mage guild again to see if they can do that trick that they do to make their rooms bigger on the inside then on the outside, to my ship. We need food. I would like to get some fishing gear and maps of the area to the south. I would also like to maybe even pick up some cargo to help offset the cost of this trip. I would even like to see if I can find a family willing to give up a dead loved one so that I can teach you ..."

looking at misha

"anatomy and surgical procedures along the way."

ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 pm

There are potions that the wizards or achemist make that can change your appearance for a few hours. Or you can dress up like one of the servants and use dirt on your face and walk with a cane you might get pass a lot of people if your hooded.

David said "I can get the fishing poles and I think there is a map maker in town."
Misha said "Clenea we can create our own food, she pull out a scroll, I can create food to feed 12 men and 12 gallons of water" I know you can too if you learn it (buy the spell), but the food is bland and can only last 24 hours before it goes bad. but the water can last long time. it could save of weigh and cargo. And I can cast it ever day.

John said, I can look around and find out what some of the merchants in town have that we could sell. we could sell healing potions at double to triple the cost to merchants, the farther the way you are to a temple more rarer the potions are I know I have paid a year wage 18 gp just to buy a large bottle of healing in case I got injury on a mission. I use it after a year, when I got injury badly and it save my life, The leader of the brigands thought he killed when he ran his sword through my back just missing my heart and put out the blade and toss me to the ground, I was able to get the potion open and started drinking it within moment the wond healed and I was able to return the favor the the brigand by running my sword through his heart then cut off his head." (shrugging) "he did have a 50 gp bounty on his head."

Healing potions-BODY (red) sell at number in stock
1d6 healing- body 1gp 40
2d6 healing- body 2gp 20
3d6 healing- body 3gp 10

Healing potions-STUN (Green)
2d6 healing- stun 1gp 100
4d6 healing- stun 2gp 50
8d6 healing-stun 3gp 25

Healing potions-END (Blue)
2d6 healing- End 1gp 100
4d6 healing- End 2gp 60
8d6 healing- End 3gp 40

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:56 pm

"All of those sound like good ideas. I think we should divid up these task. "James and Misha could you please see what food you can get? Also, can you two see what cargo you can find? I wouldn't get more then a half a ton of food. That much would last us for about a month. We can make it last longer with your spell if necessary. I wouldn't get more then a half a ton of cargo. Since this is are first trip and we are new to trading, we should risk very much. James see if you can get some healing potions but don't spend any more then 100 gold. If we buy in bulk that might give you an even better deal. David and I will go talk to the mage guild. We will also see what fishing gear we can get. I would like to get a couple of nets as well as the poles you suggested. We also need to hire a crew. We should need a navigator, helmsman and about 6 sailors. I would like for them to also have some hunting knowledge in case we have to supplement our food. Any suggestion on how we should go about hireing them? I will put on some servant clothes and wear a cloak. David you should disguise yourself also. You were seen with me earlier."

"Wait a minute why did the people mob me in the first place? As far as they should know, I am just another cleric of deltesta. For all they know I haven't done anything that amazing."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:45 pm

You meet with the mage and he inform you that he can double the size of your cargo hold for 1000 gp, three time the size of the cargo hold for 2000gp, and 4x the size for 3000 gp. ship cabin for 200for 2x, 400gp 3x, and 600 gp for 4x.
for sample of his work.
he show you a door that has a 1 foot frame when you open it you find that there is a 4'x4' room. 200gp.
Show you a chest that is 2'x2'x4 when open you see a 8'x8'x14' room inside. 300 gp.

The mage offer to increase the hold and the cabin by 4 x if you was interested in traveling to a mouleum of a wizard and retreive a book of mage from the body of the mage that died there. The cemetery is about 100 mile to the SE. He knows it is guarded by the undead but he want the book because it can teach him how to create magical rooms and building.

James and Misha get enough food about 30 days of food for 20 people.
and James was able to purchace 40 1d6 healing: for 35 gp, 80 2d6 Healing: Stun for 65gp The Stun is good among warrior class.
You find 10 fishing gear and 4 fishing nets at the harbor of the lake for under 10 gp

Navigator, helms and sailor will have to be found at a sea harbor.

While you was at the harbor you hear gossip about a new cleric that heals with a touch and do miracles, you are surprise how many people are talking about the cleric that heal thoses even the goddess could not heal.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:27 pm

To Kisha (the ship)

"Kisha, would you have any problem with me expanding your hold and cabin with some magic? I'm still new to this magic stuff and I don't know if it will hurt you or not. I am not even sure if it can be done to a ship like you."

To the Mage

"How long will it take you to complete the work on my ship? What can you tell me about this book? Is it a evil book? When do you need to have the book back? Are you in a hurry? Would you agree to do the work before you get the book?"

To James, Misha, and David

"Great job everyone."

To James and Misha

"Were you able to find any other cargo that we could take with us to sell?

I will get everyone started loading the food and equipment on Kisha. I also want to see what I can do about getting several anchors to hold Kisha in the air so that we dont have to use the elemental. I also need to find out where and what it is going to cost me to get a corpse to study on. It will have to be preserved so that it doesnt decay.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 pm

The mage said It will take several weeks to get all the ingedents to do the spell, He also said that the weight of what you put inside will not effect the weight on the outside, he show you by putting a 50 lb item into a chest and lift the chest as if it only the wieght of the chest. (meaning any added weight into the chest will not effect the weight outside the chest).
The book is not evil, the mage that created the book is evil but he love to build rooms and places within other items," There is a rumour that a doll house he built for a king was as big as a castle inside the doll house. that is the power I want. and I will start it after you retrieve the book."

Kisha I am a ship of magic an elven spirit of magic so the magic will not harm me.

You find 2 anchors cost was 3 gp total.

the ship have been loaded.

you hear that there is a prison to the west about 60 miles that you can get a body.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm

One question that wasnt answered. Was James able to find any other cargo to sell besides the Healing potions?

I will include th ship in the conversation below

"I guess guess we are ready to go. If anyone has any other suggestions, then voice them now. If not then I quess we should leave in the morning. If I purchase a staff would you be able to teach me some rudamentery skill in it David?

If he says yes then I will have him go with me to purchase an inexpensive staff. After that I will pack my stuff, to include my lute. I also want to make sure that we have the right maps so that I know where we need to go to get to the staff piece, the possible location of the people that were teleported here, the coast where we can pick up our crew, and the prison. I also want to make sure that we have enough bedding for us and the crew. I think it should already be aboard.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:13 pm

James said that the Barony of Gapton is needing 100 barrels of Brambleberry wine, they will pay 300 gold for the wine and delievery to their warehouse, There is a Winery to the west of here about 10 miles that sell the wine at 1gp a barrel they have 200 barrels. They want the wine in 2 weeks, The Barony is land lock there is small lake that about 10 acres in size that we can land in it. I talk to the wagoner that normally does this and they said that the cost of transport and guards make the travel not worth the effort. Too many of the wagons get attack by a group of hill dwarves bandits they don't kill anyone but they do steal all the wine and send the men back empty with the wagons. only 2 time in 15 years have they gotten through. I figure we coulf fly over the hills to the barony during the night and deliever it. we make 200 gp profit and fill all the hold.

David said he will teach you every morning for an hour.
Kisha said the map in the ship can show you the the local area but if you buy maps and put into the map tubes it will be added to her knowledge of the location.
There is a map shop in town, buying maps are 10 silver for 8- area knowledge, 20 silver for 11- knowledge, +10sp for each +1 area knowledge to max of 14 or less.
When you put the lute down the strings start to play a small tune then stopped.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 pm

So it sounds like it is going to cost me 50sp/5gp for a 14- map. I will do it.

How many maps will it take, 5?

Without me seeing a map, which would be best, Hiring my crew first or pick up the wine first?

You said that 200 barrels of wine will cost me 1gp a piece for a total of 200gp and I could sell for 300gp. But you also said I could make 200 gp profit. I dont quite understand, sell for 300 - 200 cost = 100 gp profit.

Did I miss something way back at the start, what are the map tubes you are talking about?

How long did the lute play after I layed it down? What song did it play and did anyone else here it beside me?
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:30 pm

The barony only want 100 barrels the winery have 200 100x 1 gp = 100 gp sell at 300gp (300/100) = 3 gp each profit = 2 gp per barrel

The map tube is inside of the Globe in the center of the room. in the center of the globe you find over 100 maps.

The lute played an tune you never hear of it is not from earth.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Ok here is what I want to do. If I can find a coastal city close by that I can hire my crew then I will go there first. Hire my crew and then go get the wine. If not then I will go get the wine first.

I will also pick the lute back up and see if I can figure out why it played by itself. I will see if I can sense anything from it.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2