Epic Age of Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Dalton

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

City of Dalton - Page 3 Empty Re: City of Dalton

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

"The Great marsh is far to the south too so we be heading that way" David said, and you need to learn your skill better, and your combat.

Misha work with you on some prayer spells until Mr. Salts land the ship in a small lake that about 10acres in size.

David and John unload the wagon with the help of the crew and unloaded the 2 mules and head into town to get the wine, the wagon can carry 20 barrel at a time it take 5 trip to load 100 barrels about 9 hours, by the 10pm the wagon has been loaded back on the ship and the 2 mules put into there stalls. cost 100 gp for 100 barrels.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:29 pm

I will work with David on my combat. She can understand that she might need it but she is loathed to have to . She will do whatever she can to stay out if. She will also work with a disguise ability that she has been working on. It is a shapeshift that works vs sight, hearing, mental, small/taste, touch, and mystic group. Takes extra time 5 minutes that effects the body only. If Mr. Salts is still on the ship while they are running loads of wine back and forth then I will talk to him

"Excuse me Harding. Looks like we will be a little delayed in stopping off at your village. I have three stops that I need to make. First I need to drop off this wine. Second I need to pick up pieces of a staff and then I need to help some people that I care very much for. I hope that is no problem. I do promise you that we will take you to your village so that you can take care of your families remains after we have completed these three tasks. Are you ok with this?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:36 pm

"Yes, I can wait, if anything happen to me please bury us where I told you, At least I know our resting place will be safe. just tell me where to go and I will get us there."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

As soon as everything is loaded and everyone is aboard then we will head to the city where we will be dropping off the wine. Once we start getting into an area that we do not know then I will have whoever is best at drawing maps, writing down the course that we take.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

You deliever the barrels with some advice from the young lady assistant she said to offer 5 gp a barrel and haggle, she said you get more for you gp if you do that, with that advice you was able to get 4gp and 1 sp per barrel.
While you was there you heard about a cave to the east about 15 miles that has crystal in it but it home to some bugbears that chase out the miners.
As you was leaving town with misty David and John in the Wagon you are stop outside of town by 6 brigands each wearing chainmail, and have a sword, 2 have crossbows, the leader of them step forward' "We want that gold!"

you are 3 miles from your ship.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:17 pm

"I am sorry but I cannot give you this money and it is not yours to take. Please be on your way, we have no wish to harm you."

I will try and project a calming influence and use mind control to convince them that we are not worth the time.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:37 pm

check your character sheet, your mind control is vs pain.

got hit with a worm on my computer earlier had to restore to yesterday to get my anti-virus programs to work. hate asshole that do that

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Ouch sorry to here that. Hope your computer is ok.

I did know that the current mind control is vs pain only but I was hoping that this attack might work. It seems a natural progression for the power to become. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. She doesn't have much in the way of attack abilities yet so it seem the logical thing for her to do at the moment.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:33 pm

The three of the brigands (2 with the crossbow) glow briefly and the slump to the ground sleeping. David leap out of the wagon and hits the leader in the face with his pain stick. Knocking the leader to his knees. John tackle one of the other and westling on the ground for the guy weapon. The last one stand turn and ran into the woods.

Phase 3 David swing the club and knockout the leader. John head butt the guy in the face kcocking out his opponent,
stepping out of the shadow of the tree is your young mage. He pick up one of the crossbow and keep it train on the sleeping guys. "I saw one of these guys watching the ship so I went and investigate and capture the guy, he was very talkative when I threaten to turn him into a fish. He told me about the ambush and here I am." Toby the wizard.

David look at you, "what you want us to do with them?"

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:21 pm

"Thanks David, James, and Coby. Again I am in your debt. Just when I think I'm getting used to this world, something like this happens. I need to learn some non-lethal attack spells. From now on I think we need to travel with more individuals because when it comes to combat I'm as useless as druggest without drugs. During our time on the ship, us spellcasters need to get together, and come up with some useful non-leathal attack spells that I might be able to use. As far as they are concerned ..."

Looking at the ones that just attacked us.

" ... Let's take what they have at least. What else that is done with them is up to you. They are evil and deserve what they get. If they had done what they did to try and feed their families then I might be more compassionate, but they are not."

She does have some regrets about what is being done but she is starting to see that this world is a totally different place.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:08 pm

David and John strip all the men naked and tyed them up, David talk with Toby and Toby disappear, David send you and John and Misha on to the ship, telling you he caught up.

An hour later the wagon and mules been loaded, when David and Toby walk out of woods and wake out to the ship.

David say "Toby brought back the town Sherriff and they took the men in custody, They been causing the town problem for a year, I couldn't kill helpless men no matter they was evil, so I sent Toby into town to get the sherriff. since i met you, you have change me, a few months ago I would have slit their throat and not care."

6 chainmail shirts, 6 leather belts, 6 short swords, 6 dagger, 3 dirks, 2 crossbow, 65 bolts, 6 boots 6 pants, 6 padded shirts, 4 metal helmets, 1 chainmail head cover, 1 leather head cover. 10 gp 103 silver 230 copper. and 6 pouches. 3 healing potion, 2 blue potions, 1 green potion, 1 black potion. and scroll container with 2 maps one is of the local area the other of a cystal mine to the east. the mine is about 1/2 mile in length. with a few side passages.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:36 pm

"Lets just hope that they pay for their crimes. Back in my world, our police would bring the criminals in by the courts would sometimes have to set them free on technicalities."

"So what can anyone tell me about bugbears. Are they like what they sound, a cross between some type of insect and a bear? Are they evil? Can they be necotiated with? We need to go that cave and pick up what crystals we can get. I am afraid we will run out before we can get where we need to go.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Toby said, " They are described as great hairy goblin-giants. Lot Bigger than a hobgoblin,but dumber than a goblin, they are strout like a dwarf but 3 time bigger."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:01 pm

"Pretend that I have no idea what you just said. What are goblins, hob goblins, and dwarves. This still doesn't tell me if these bugbears are evil and if they can or cannot be dealt with. We need those crystals and if I can do if peacefully great but to do so I need to know what I am dealing with."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Most Goblins are short green pointed ears creatures that are greedy, decietful, there are a few that have good in them but most are untrustworthy and thieves. Hobgoblins are just smarter and tougher goblins but bugbears are horrors that are born from hobgoblins and goblin that will kill anyone they are pure evil. they tend to group together or be alone. either way they been known to wipe out whole village of goblin or humans over a period of weeks.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:11 am

"So if I understand this correctly, there is probably no way to make a deal with these things. Even if we could I don't know that we should. They did chase the miners out of the cave. If you put me in an hospital I could perform open heart surgery blindfolded. I wouldn't want to but I good. I really know my medicine. This is totally out of my element though. How do you all suggest we get these Bugbear things out of the cave so that we can get to the crystals. And once we get them out how do we keep them out?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

John said " we could smoke them out, they have poor eyesight during the day"
David said "I doubt there more that a dozen maybe just two or three, Bugbears do not get along even with their own kind. we could lure them out with some sheep or goats and attack them."
Misha "Bugbears need to be wipe out they are pure evil they are born only to kill. we need to do something if we don't they will breed and spread out and kill many people, they wipe out towns."
Toby " I help I have a few spells that could help. beside I hear bugbears keep all the treasure they gather in their sleeping chamber. They love shiny things there is a village about 6 km from the mine maybe we can get information there?"
Kisha"My library has books on creatures and places."
Toby" What Library?"
"There a wall that fold open and there are about 200 books there in the Captain Cabin" Kisha said
In the caban behind a mural of a ship floating in a stormy sky you find shelves of books. You pull out a book and it on creatures of caves and tunnels,
bugbear
Bugbears are 7 feet tall and evil and perfer chaos.
Individual bugbears will sometimes work as mercenaries with other sorts of goblin-kin, acting as front-line muscle or even assuming leadership positions in hobgoblin tribes. They assume mastery over goblins whenever it suits them. Goblins are always quick on their toes when bugbears are around, for the unwary are liable to end up in a bugbear stew-pot.

Bugbears are carnivores who survive primarily by hunting. They will eat anything they can kill, including sentient beings. Intruders are considered a valuable source of food, so bugbears rarely bother to negotiate with them. They have a fondness for glittery, shiny objects and weapons, however, so they will sometimes parley if they think they can get something exceptional. Bugbears also enjoy strong wine and ale, sometimes to excess. Rarely, they will take slaves.

Bugbears resemble hairy, feral goblins standing seven feet tall. They take their name from their noses and claws, which are similar to those of bears. Their claws are not long and sharp enough to be used as weapons, so bugbears often armor and arm themselves with a variety of purloined gear. Most often, this gear is second-rate and in poor repair.

Bugbear eyes are red , and their wedge-shaped ears rise from the tops of their heads. Most bugbears have hides ranging from light brown to dark brown and their thick, coarse hair ranges from brown to brick red. Bugbears have exceptional sight and hearing, able to see in pitch darkness. They move with amazing stealth.

They do not like to venture into light it causes them to be blind and at a disavantage.

They are always watchful for omens from the gods, particularly in the form of lightning or violent weather changes. They seek to stay on the good side of their god, their gods are usually demons or demigods, who sends omens in the form of sudden chills, the rising of hackles, and magical pools of darkness.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm

"Very good ideas everyone. Lets go to the village and see what we can find out. Maybe they can tell us how many of these bug bears are living there. While we are on the way there, lets take a look at the maps and see what we can find out about the cave."

*** Robert, I am going to work on figuring out some offensive abilities. ***
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:38 am

The map show that the mine was reopen about 10 years ago, after playing out on silver over 100 years ago, about 20 years ago it was found out that crystrals were need to feed air elementals and some miners found out about it.

You land outside the village in a large pond, and made your way to the village, as you near with Misha, John, David and Toby you notice that half the building are ruins with door broke in, you see several people looking your way nervous everyone carring weapons, as you near the middle of the village you see a shrine to Deltesta in disarray and her statue broken on the ground and the small dish that hold water is busted (use by preist to contact others) across the street you see a wagon being loaded by a family, a man and woman and 4 children their wagon is loaded with oxen they look your direction and they load the children and the man grab the reins heading south. you see a man walk out of rundown Inn and watch them go. He turn and see your group.
"Would any of you want to buy a mine for 300 gp?"

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 pm

"Good day to you sir. We might be interested in your offer, but first can you tell me what happened here? It looks to me that your village has had its fair portion of bad luck."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:19 pm

He look like he afraid to tell you, afraid you might offer less or not buy, He look around nervously, he look like he once was a rich man but now he look like a man scare and wanting to get what money he can and flee.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:10 pm

"Sir. I am interested in your mine put first I need to look at it. If you were in my position wouldn't you be unsure about buying something without seeing it first. To look at it, I am going to have to clear the mine of the bugbears. To do that I need as much information as possible. As payment for clearing the mine out all I ask for is a load of the crystall for my ship. If you would please tell me what happened here and what I can expect from the mine, I would much apprieciate it. After I clear the mine, take a look, and get a load of crystals, I promise that I will come talk to you about buying the mine. If I don't buy it, you will still have a cleared mine and I will also see what can be done about keeping them out for good. No promises but I will see what I can do."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:28 pm

"Look, I hired 10 different groups of adventures, a band of merc of about 20 men and I not heard from any of them, I am broke I spent all my money on finacing those groups, the last ones were the band of merc where I found his head on a end of the spear at the edge of town. So I am not going anywhere near that mine, and If you not want it for the price I said I will just have to find someone in The Capital that will pay for it sight unseen."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:46 pm

"Sir. I am not asking you to fund us and you do not have to go near the mine. All I'm asking for is information. If we don't succed you are not out anything. All I am asking is a trade of crystals for clearing the mine. If we succeed, you stand a good chance of selling the mine."
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:20 pm

"You say you do it for crystals? hmmm if you clear it out I not have to sell, Ok if you clear it out you can take as many crystals as you can mine in 5 days. All I know is 6 months ago a large band of bugbears kill 10 miners when they took over the mine. I was told about 40+ bugbears in all male and females. I know at least 4 been killed outside the mine in the last 6 months and 8 here in the village, I do not know how many been kill when the adventures went in I do know there been over 80 men and women that attack the place, several wizard and clerics with the groups too. I feel they had to at least kill some."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum