Epic Age of Men
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New House

3 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The New House - Page 5 Empty Re: The New House

Post  ArmyNCO Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 pm

"Additional family member has been added to the access roster."

You go out the front door. You search the grounds and cannot find the wasps.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm

He wait around for a while and then walk in and see what everyone up to.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I am going to fast forward time a couple days. What would you like to see happen.

One of the things that laura tells you that she is going to do is get the food supplies back to the levels that they should be. Jinx is going to continue exploring the grounds and keep an eye on his new friend. She has not woken up yet. Gala goes into town with Laura for a little while. You get the feeling she is cooking up some type of surprise for you.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:23 am

He will go into town and see if there is a library or school for local people, if there is not he will check some of the building and see if any are for sale cheap, to build a library/school for the local children and adults. He will also see if there is any orphans running around. Just to get the feel of the town.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:27 pm

During the next couple of days you prowl around town. You find that there is a school that was started several years that teaches basic education. It has been open for about 4 to 5 years. There are two empty buildings. (I will have to take a look at my map before I can give you a specific location. I also need to look at a book that I have at home to give you a price. In the small market square there is a bulliten board that has notices of different odd jobs. You notice while walking around town that the people seem to be very skitish especially around strangers. It seems that something is going around killing people. The only evidence that they have is a bloody spot where the killing took place. There are no tracks or no clues about what is causing it.

Carnillian takes these days to explore the city also. Laura and Gala buy supplies for the house. Gala lets you know that she will want your undivided attention in several days.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I will chech the school out to see how well it doing, and see what books they have, if any students seem to be good, I will tell Camillian that there seem to be several unsolve murder and missing bodies.

Are the wasp big enough to carry off bodies?

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 pm

It is doing fairly well. They could use more money to get more books and supplies. You find out that the Baron helps out as much as his budget can handle but it isnt quite enough. On a average 2 children are sharing 1 book. The books are older and showing signs of use. The teachers are really good and are getting paid less then they deserve but seem really happy. They are dedicated to their students and are determined to make sure the kids are well educated no matter the cost to themselves. They seem really concerned about the killings of late.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:02 pm

I will check to see if there a paper maker in town, and ink maker, (he can make the ink but need the time,) I will ask Camillian if he want to help patrol the city at night.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Carnillan tells you

"I have several days that I can help. I need to go back to Clarkmeadow for a day or so. The gem cutter there was sent a note that I might be showing up. I dont want him to think anything happened to him. I'm pretty sure that I want to stay here. I owe him at least an explanation."

You inquire around town and find that there is a man that dabbles in paper making as a hobby. He is a carpenter by trade but has been know to make paper. The man you talk to doesnt know what quality of work he puts out as far as the paper is concerned but his is a good wood worker.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 pm

"You want Gala fly you down and pick you back up in a few days?"

I will ask the man to make some samples, and tell him I will decide if I will need to buy from him,
I will ask the teacher over to the manor later in the day and ask him to bring some of his books.

I will have the teacher look over the library and pick out 10 books he would like to have copied for his school and I will memorize the books he bring so I can copy them.I will ask him if he has one or two older children that are promising scribes.

I thinking on creating an unseen servants with copy book skill, and dupicate them up to 10 of them so they can write and draw books and make 10 at a time.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Right now Im rendering picture to send you so I can look at the map I will give you Carnillians answer later.

The carpenter says he can provide you samples but it will take about a week. You can tell from his shop that he has lots of wood projects going on. Carpentry is his main source of business and paper making is just a side. He will have to work the paper project into his other projects.

The teacher agrees to meet with you later in the afternoon after class is out and he will bring the books that he is teaching the children.

He has one child that is about 13 that has excellent penmanship.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Which would be less costly and faster, having a papermaker make enough paper for 10 books a week or creating a trasformation spell to turn a log into pile of paper?

He will spend 50 gp on materials and research to create a paper from a log and spend 1 week researching this.
He will spend 50 gp on materials and research on creating copies of a book from paper and ink. and spend an week after the first research.

NOTE : Research time will be after breakfast and a walk around the outside the house, starting research at 9 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon, then free time from then to bed at 9 and getting up at 6 in the morning.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 pm

If you had a person dedicated to paper making it would be faster and cheaper but since this is a small town it will definetly take consideral amount of time. You might find a dedicated paper maker in a bigger city. Either Mayshire or Clarkmeadow.

Carnillian says that he even though it would be faster if Gala flew him, he would still like to see the country between here and clarkmeadow. He should be only gone for 4 days at the most.

"I have two days before I leave do you want to nose around town to see what we can find out about who is killing people?"
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

"I would like to find this thing and kill it, before you have to leave, We see if Laura and Gala want to help, I thinking it something from the sky, coming in and killing the person and carry it away." I pause, "While you are traveling let word gets out that there is a wizard looking for a papermaker and keep your ear open for teasure stories."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm

"So do you want to wait untill after the sun sets to hunt whatever it is? I have never actually gone out on a hunt before. What preperation is any should we make?"

Gala tell Laura tell you that they are up for the hunt.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:47 pm

"Just don't let the hunted hunts us. First thing is to locate the areas where they was attack then find what in the area be a good spot to hide."

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Robert you need another copy of the Ridgeford map that has the labels on them. You do some investigating and find out that there has been 3 reported killings so far. They are scattered around town at spots W8, AA18, and AN10
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 pm

What is the tallest building other than the castle?

He will find out about the 3 missing people, who they are, where they live, when the blood was found, and go and look at all three spots seeing if he can find what else is around the ground that been missed, see if there are clues, he grab his staff and tell Camillian he going to check the spots and talk to the guards until dark.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:45 pm

The names of the three are John Smith, Marcus Willham, and the last is a Jane Doe. No one know who she is or was. The two men lived in town. John was killed clear across town from where he lived. Marcus was kill about a block from his house. Know one know. What signs that might have been around or several days old and well trampled on. You find out from talking to the locals that all they heard was blood chilling screams from the ones that were killed. The guards tell you that when they arrived they found blood all over the place. On the walls and on the ground. One of the men had his throat ripped out while the other had his head severed from his body. The lady had very deep claw marks across her face and chest. She is not recognizable.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 pm

This change things, thought there was no body just blood when you post the last time, made me wonder how the body disappeared. This could be anything from wild animal to a monster to undead, were they attack during the day or night, was it the same time every day?

I could use a detect blood spell over the area of the body and see if we can follow the blood dripping off the creatures, 12 " radius and recast it every 12 inches as a cone.
I will also use a microscopic view to enhance the area around the crime scene by x10 to see if he can see any clues, claw tracks, furs, pieces of thread anything that cound point to a creature or person.

may lose internet already got a warning the internet will be shut off.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Each attack is at a different time of the evening. The first kill was around 10pm. The second kill was around 3 am in the morning and the last was at about 1am.

Make 3 perception rolls to see if you see anything at each of the 3 crime scenes.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 pm

3 rolls

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EpicAdmin Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 pm

The member 'EAMGamemaster' has done the following action : EAOM Dice roll

#1 'Six Sided' :
The New House - Page 5 Reddic10 The New House - Page 5 Reddic15 The New House - Page 5 Reddic12

--------------------------------

#2 'Six Sided' :
The New House - Page 5 Reddic15 The New House - Page 5 Reddic10 The New House - Page 5 Reddic14

--------------------------------

#3 'Six Sided' :
The New House - Page 5 Reddic10 The New House - Page 5 Reddic13 The New House - Page 5 Reddic10

EpicAdmin
Admin

https://epic-age-of-men.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ArmyNCO Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:02 am

One of the killings happen in an area that had soft dirt. The city is doing contruction here and the area had no grass do to the contruction. It rained a few days prior so the area is very soft. You found tracks of some type of creature. From what you can tell the creature has four legs. The tracks start in the middle of the muddy area. They go off to the north about 10 feet to the crime scene and then leave the crime scene and about 10 feet from the scene they dissapear.
ArmyNCO
ArmyNCO

Back to top Go down

Post  EAMGamemaster Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm

I will find some rocks and transmute them to powder form, then dump the powder form over the print and cast a stone transformation on the powder turning it back to stone, I will spend half hour on each to ensure it work. I will then lift the form and then draw the paw in the journal and measure it. Then he will spend the rest of the day following people with dogs and measuring their paw prints and drawing it in a journal and drawing the dog in the journal. He has become narrow vision and focusing on paw prints and will remain so until he has drawn every dog and cat paw print in town or something come up, so the next few days he will be making a book on paw print base on dog and weight.

EAMGamemaster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum